Featured Artist Lise Meijer,
New Mindful Shopper Artwork,
A Fantastic Giveaway!
Sunshower by Artist Lise Meijer
Today is an important milestone for me – I get to reveal the beautiful artwork Artist Lise Meijer created just for The Mindful Shopper. I am so excited to share these wonderful pieces with you and to introduce you to Lise, an extraordinary artist!
To celebrate this milestone, I am hosting a GIVEAWAY! Please see the end of this post for details…
I feel very lucky to have come across Lise’s work early on during my creation of The Mindful Shopper. Her work was one of the inspirations in the development of this website. In fact, when I discovered her artwork over a year ago, her touching pieces introduced a whole new world to me. I became aware of the importance of handmade items and artwork. There is something very special about owning a piece of artwork, something you know was created by another person, full of their spirit and meant to bring you joy and comfort.
The moment I discovered Lise’s artwork, I felt a strong connection to her and her work. I was amazed with her ability to incorporate and blend such beautiful colors and textures.
Lise was born in Denmark. As a child, she had an early interest in all things beautiful and joyful. She remembers “playing fairies with [her] best friend or sitting for hours drawing images of fairy-life with mushroom houses and grasshopper coaches”.
Lise currently lives in Denmark, in the south of Sealand (also known as Zealand) the island where Copenhagen is located. She is married to her caring and supportive husband, Rune, with their two children, Celeste (9) and Vincent (6). “As a family we love music, singing, dancing, storytelling and cozy time spent with good friends.”
As a young person Lise realized that she had a creative gift; however, she recalls that she had to realize “that to have a gift is one thing. To DO something with it is another.”
Even though she has been a creative force since childhood, she has only created pieces for sale the last two years. In that short amount of time, she has developed a great following and has been extremely productive, creating 45 paintings and has been featured in 8 exhibitions. She has also created her own series of cards and posters. Her art has been published in 3 magazines and on several blogs.
Lise is inspired by simple truths; “things that lift human beings to more than we thought we could be.” She makes a special effort to always have her eye on beauty, wherever she goes.
When asked about what she is proud of, she mentions, “I am proud of listening carefully to my inner compass, and of dedicating myself to learn the doing part, thereby giving my creative passion in life not only a chance, but a real vitamin-boost!” But more than anything, she is proud and thankful “that by acting on my longings to create, I began believing in my natural value as a contributor of art in this world.”
Not only are Lise’s art pieces extremely special, Lise herself is a wonderful and multi-talented person (artist, song writer, blogger, illustrator, teacher). She evokes pure kindness in all that she does. She had become a true friend to me. I am very happy to share her and her extraordinary work with my readers.
How To Purchase Lise’s Artwork
Cards and Posters:
-You can purchase these on her shop on Etsy. Payment is easy via pay-pal. Her items can be shipped all over the world.
-A number of shops in Denmark and Holland now carry her products, check her website for details. She is expanding the retail sales internationally, so let her know if you would like to see her cards in your favorite local shop!
-Contact Lise via e-mail and she will send you a pricelist and answer any questions you may have about available paintings. She happily ships internationally. Her original paintings can be found on her website.
Fantastic Giveaway of Lise’s Artwork!
Enter below for your chance to win your choice of one of Lise’s Signed Art Prints on Etsy.
-Three Winners will be chosen at random.
-This Giveaway ends Friday April 26th.
-The Winners will be announced on the 27th.
-Options for multiple and daily entries!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good Luck and Thanks For Stopping By!
ART, BEAUTIFUL ITEMS, COMFORTING ITEMS, GIFTS, GIFTS FOR HER, GIFTS FOR HIM, HOME AND GARDEN, HOME DECOR, INSPIRATIONAL ITEMS, JOYFUL ITEMS, SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS, WEDDING
ART, BIRTHDAY GIFTS, CONTESTS, GIFTS, GIVEAWAY, GRADUATION GIFTS, HAND-MADE, HOSTESS GIFTS, INSPIRATIONAL GIFTS, MOTHER'S DAY GIFTS, ORIGINAL ART PRINTS, SIGNED ART PRINTS, SWEEPSTAKES, WEDDING GIFTS
Gear To Help Organize Your Kitchen
It is that time of the year. A time when many of us feel a strong urge to make this year better than the last, to make life easier, to declutter, and get organized!
A special friend of mine (Michelle Stimpson: life coach extraordinaire and all-around-cool chic) made a huge impression on me when she spoke about organizing “your personal eco-system”. She explained how when even the smallest things in life are organized- your daily tasks become easier and living becomes more enjoyable.
I am excited to launch this series of posts, all about organizing and simplifying your life. Today’s post features a collection of gear to help you organize your kitchen. Part 2 of this series features cool gadgets to help simplify your life in the kitchen.
(1) One of the essential steps in organizing the kitchen is clearing off those countertops. The classic knife storage blocks can take up space. These two knife storage solutions by Wusthof are great options to help fix the problem of the cluttered countertop.
This swing-out Wusthof Under Cabinet Knife Block (
$76, on sale for $39.95) stores 8 knives without using up counter space. This knife block swivels and is magnetized to help secure your knifes.
The Wusthof Gourmet 6-Piece Knife Set with Magnetic Knife Holder (
$283, on sale for $159.95) is made with the high quality that Wusthof is known for; triple-riveted for durability and ergonomic-contoured handles to provide a comfortable nonslip grip. The magnetic knife holder comes in chrome, wood, and black accent colors.
(2) This Pull-Out Appliance Caddy ($34.98) is another nice way to help preserve precious counter space. This bamboo caddy allows you to keep your food processor, mixer, toaster, or coffeemaker at the back of your counter so it is out of the way when not in use. When needed, this clever caddy slides out easily and has a patented locking system to keep it in place when extended.
(3) I store spices in two places in my kitchen; in a wooden spice rack that takes up counter space and in a cabinet that is very disorganized. I never find the spice I am looking for in a timely manner. Not to mention the time I waste when looking for a measuring spoon. So this unique spice container definitely caught my eye. This Space-Saver Spice Carousel ($29.99) dispenses premeasured amounts of spices. With each click of the carousel knob, 1/4 tsp of your desired spice is dispensed. There are 12 canisters on a rotating base which can be double stacked or mounted under a cabinet.
(4) The organized kitchen must have a place to display important notes, bills, memos, and recipes for the week. By using gravity and friction, the clever Dreamfarm Gripit ($19.99) eliminates the need for glue, pins, tape, clips, and magnets. Gripet’s quick grip and release system allows you to easily store up to 3-mm of notes without damaging them.
(5) Another important task in organizing the kitchen is getting those cabinets in order. With its two independent operating shelves and adjustable dividers, the Rev-A-Shelf Two Tier Cookware Organizer (
$214.83, on sale for $159.13) accommodates everything from the saucepan lid to the oversized wok. Designed for base cabinets, the ball-bearing slides and chrome-plated wire frame can accommodate up to 100 pounds. The top tier organizes lids and the bottom tier features adjustable dividers to store a variety of larger pots and pans. No more frustrated moments spent kneeling on the kitchen floor, climbing into your cabinets, trying to find the right pot and its matching lid.
This Deep Sliding Organizer (
$76, on sale for $49.99) helps keep your upper cabinets in order. This system makes it much easier to find those items that are often hidden back in the depths of your cabinets.
(6) Vertical space is often unused in kitchen cabinets. These tiered organization systems make use of this vacant space. Made of durable stainless steel, this sleek Two-Tier Turntable ($26.95) makes it easy to organize and access spices, condiments, canned food, and a host of other items. This turntable measures 6″ H x 10 1/2″ in diameter.
This Three-Tier Shelf Organizer ($10.99) is a nice way to elevate items in the back of a shelf so that they are easier to see and access. This shelf measures 12″ L x 8-3/4″ W x 4″ H.
(7) This simple Small Chrome Storage Basket ($14.76) is a stylish way to organize a kitchen or pantry. It has an ID holder to let you label each basket for easy identification. This great wire grid basket measures 8-7/8″ wide by 12-7/8″ deep by 8″ tall.
(8) This Over-The-Door-Cabinet Organizer ($19.99) is a great way to store those items that you regularly use and need to reach quickly.
(9) A movable island is a fantastic way to add some much needed counter and cabinet space. This classy Crosley Kitchen Cart with Wood Top (
$329.99 , on sale for $293.49) is made with a hand-rubbed multi-step finish and is constructed of solid hardwood and veneer. It has two deep drawers, a cabinet with three adjustable shelves, locking casters, spice rack, and a towel bar/paper towel holder. Love it!
(10) I am lucky that I live in a city that does not require sorting of recycled material. However, for those that have to sort their recyclables, it can become a chore and take up space. This cool Three Compartment Step-On Recycling Bin (
$146.00, on sale for $102.56) keeps paper, plastic, and aluminum organized using three separate sections with color coded pedals. Each section has its own removable plastic liner with handle making removal and cleanup easy.
(11) I was inspired by this fun picture I found on the blog The Painted Hive. I love the clean and organized look of these jars with their custom labels. You can find these fun Clamp-Lid Jars ($3.95-$9.95) in an array of great sizes at Crate&Barrel and a free PDF file of these cool labels at The Painted Hive.
(12) Ahhh, the infamous black hole of the kitchen known as the junk drawer! A wonderful way to organize this drawer is an Expandable Drawer Organizer (
$36.00, on sale for $24.97). This organizer expands to fit any kitchen drawer and is made of all natural hardwood with a lacquered finish.
(13) This clever Quirky® Mocubo One Stop Chop Bamboo Cutting Board ($39.99) takes food preparation to the next level. This fun bamboo cutting board has three preparation containers making food prep easy and organized.
(14) This chic Refrigerator Fruit Rack ($17.49) makes the most efficient use of your precious refrigerator space. The gravity-fed dispenser gets your fruit out of the bottom drawer of the fridge and puts a healthy snack in front of your family.
(15) These kitchen organization systems by Pottery Barn and IKEA have something for everyone! The Pottery Barn Stainless Steel Organizer ($29-$99) features a magnetic back splash, an ultra-thin gallery ledge, and an utility shelf with hooks.
The IKEA Organization Systems ($2.99-$49.99) come in a variety of colors and metal tones. This system features magnetic spice containers, a cutlery caddy, and wire baskets.
Thank you so much for stopping by The Mindful Shopper! I hope you enjoyed Part I of my series of posts on “Simplifying Your Life and Getting Organized”!
Never miss a Mindful Shopper Blog Post:
I have an advertising affiliation with some of the sellers in this blog post. This does not affect what items I have chosen to feature and I promise to continue to only feature items that I feel will bring my readers Joy, Comfort, Beauty, and Inspiration. Advertisers, affiliates, and sponsors help to make this online presence possible. Also, advertisers often offer my readers special discounts! So this is a win-win for everyone!
COMFORTING ITEMS, ECO FRIENDLY ITEMS, ENTERTAINING, GIFTS, GIFTS FOR HER, GIFTS FOR HIM, HOME AND GARDEN, HOME DECOR, JOYFUL ITEMS, KITCHEN AND DINING, STORAGE AND ORGANIZATION, WEDDING
AUTO MEASURE SPICE CAROUSEL, ECO FRIENDLY ITEMS, GADGETS, GADGETS TO ORGANIZE, GEAR TO ORGANIZE, GIFTS, HOME AND GARDEN, PRINTABLE KITCHEN LABELS, PULL-OUT APPLIANCE CADDY, REFRIGERATOR FRUIT RACK, STORAGE AND ORGANIZATION, THREE COMPARTMENT RECYCLING BIN