Fall fashion this year is full of fun elements, a great blend of classic silhouettes with edgy details. I am excited to share my favorite trends for this year and highlight some fashionable Fall pieces that you can add to your wardrobe without much fuss. You can easily update your wardrobe with just 1-2 pieces from this collection. I have made special attention to find wonderful items that will last far beyond Fall 2013.
Please note The Mindful Shopper does not directly sell the items featured on this blog. Click on the product link to buy, check availability, or learn more about an item of interest.
’40s Chic: luxurious textiles and detailed accessories
(1) This glamorous Per Una Speziale Wool Belted Coat with Cashmere (~$198) features a statement-making faux-fur detachable collar. This coat is absolutely beautiful!
(2) These Mother of Pearl Drop Earrings ($35) from Arhaus Jewels are created from shimmering hand-carved mother of pearl and topped with ornate caps of sterling silver which give an oxidized finish to bring out the ornate details.
Menswear Textiles: tweed, houndstooth, plaid
(3) This lovely Luxe Tweed Pencil Skirt ($89) combines two great trends for Fall 2013; menswear textiles and sapphire, one of the fab colors of the season. In fact, the colors of the season are so much fun this year (rich jewel tones of blue, green, and purple), I have developed an entire post celebrating these great colors (coming soon)!
(4) This adorable Tweed Top (sold out) from Banana Republic features a crew neck and flecks of metallic fibers.
Military Inspired: military-style boots and jackets
(5) This Burberry Crowborough Military Jacket ($750) is amazing. This navy blue double-breasted jacket is styled with a high-stand collar and plenty of gleaming gold-tone hardware. This jacket is spendy but so worth it if you have room in your budget.
(6) These funky and fearless military-inspired women’s Roxy Seattle Boots (sold out, on sale for $69.99) feature canvas lining, cushioning insoles, a storage compartment with buckle closure, and a faux leather upper.
MOTO Style: motorcycle boots, leather, metal details
(8) These great Forest Fest Boots (sold out) feature ruched vegan faux-leather details and brass-buckled straps. (9) These fiercely cool UGG® Conor Studs Boots ($294.95, upper right) feature antiqued, hammered studs with a cuffed boot set on a stacked sole. (10) These chic Erupt Boots (sold out, lower left) are made of faux leather uppers with a decorative outside zipper and flap detail. (11) These fabulous Steve Madden Gadget Boots (sold out) feature wraparound straps with zipper details. Love them!
(12) This cool Ria Chain Cuff (sold out) is a gunmetal-tone cuff that is covered in chains topped with stunning diamante stones creating a glamorous but edgy finish.