Hello Mindful Shoppers!
Today’s post is all about unique and fun gifts for Mother’s Day, May 13th. I hope that you find something perfect for that special person in your life!
(1) Yum! This Spring Checker Cake ($43-$79) looks delightful! This chocolate and vanilla butter cake is made in a checkerboard pattern with bittersweet chocolate buttercream filling, a white chocolate buttercream finish, chocolate cake crumbs, and marzipan flowers.
For the Mom who would love an edible piece of art.
(2) Mom will love these charming Owl Measuring Cups ($19, set of four). They can also be used to serve snacks or organize odds and ends.
For the Mom who enjoys cooking with a little whimsy.
(3) This Branches Honey Gift Set ($36) was originally developed by the innovative Katz Store for the one and only Oprah. It includes three 17 ounce jars, gift-wrapped and boxed ready for gifting. Choose from four lovely flavors of honey; Citrus Blossom, Black Button Sage, Raspberry Flower, and Wild Blackberry.
For the Foodie Mom who thrives on trying out new flavors.
(4) This beautiful French Herb Wreath ($69) is harvested by hand and assembled by craftsmen. The French herb assortment interlaces sprays of lavender, sage, and bay which are grown naturally without pesticides.
For the Mom who appreciates lovely home decor in calming pastel colors.
(5) Swimwear designer Lisa Curran and the healthy fragrance experts at Lavanilla Laboratories have collaborated on this great Summer Essential Healthy Beauty Kit ($36). It includes Lavender Lip Shine, Lavender Healthy Deodorant, and Lavender Body Butter with a waterproof pouch. Lavanilla Laboratories creates wonderful organic products made without harsh chemicals, synthetic dyes, sulfates, or parabens. A dear friend of mine has used Lavanilla products and loves them.
For the Mom who enjoys using healthy beauty products.
(6) These blissful Vosges Haut Marshmallow Treats ($13, for four) are made with Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans, sweet caramel, French Guérande grey sea salt, dark chocolate, and Bapchi’s Caramel Toffee bits. Ooh la la!
For the Mom who loves sweet treats.
(7) These Tealights (
$12, on sale for $9 each) by Artist Maria Moyer were designed for The Plankton Series, a collection of porcelain objects and vessels inspired by the exquisite beauty of microscopic plant and animal plankton. Five percent of the purchase price of each piece will benefit Oceana, a non-profit protecting the world’s oceans.
For the Mom who loves to decorate with items from the sand and sea.
(8) This dreamy Macadamia and Coconut Candle ($26) by The Sydney Hale Company is created to remind you of the smell of Summer with the bouquet of “beachy” coconut and a hint of light macadamia. The glass holder is silk-screened with a classic apothecary design so that the container becomes a glass piece you can later re-use in your home (it would make a cool drinking glass).
For the Mom who enjoys relaxing with a wonderful candle.
(9) This glazed red Personalized Ceramic Dish ($69.95) is a functional classic, with a handled lid and glazed ivory interior. Price includes a personalized exterior with up to 2 lines, 25 characters each.
For the Mom who enjoys cooking her one or many signature dishes.
(10) This Hen + Chick Grow Kit ($59.95) is AWESOME! Love it! What a perfect way to pay tribute to your family’s “Mother Hen”. These ceramic hen and chick shaped planters are paired with the succulent species of sempervivum which is commonly known as “hen and chicks”. These plants are easy to maintain and will grow in average to poor soil as long as it is well-drained and gets full sun exposure.
For the Mom who likes to laugh.
For the Expecting Mom who doesn’t mind showing off her baby bump.
(12) These pearl “peas” are nestled inside their pod in this lovely Sterling Silver Pea In A Pod Necklace ($69.95-$79.95). New York jewelry designer Michael Michaud was inspired by the real deal when he created this realistic necklace. This pendant may be ordered with one, two, three, or four freshwater pearls to represent each child.
For the Mom who loves classy and simple jewelry.
(13) What a fun way to ”catch” sunlight, and then release it as a peaceful glow into the night air. These hand-blown glass Solar Lights ($25 each) can be displayed on a patio table, nestled along a walkway, or hung from a hook. They each provide an ambient glow that catches the bright colors of the swirled glass enclosure. Each light’s silvery cap conceals a solar panel, which powers the long-lasting, energy-efficient LED bulb inside. A sensor in the lid automatically turns the light on when it’s dark.
For the Mom who enjoys a relaxing evening spent outside.
(14) Mom will have fun making cookies with the kids with this whimsical Color-Your-Own Cookies Gift Box ($45.50). This fun gift includes a set of 5 Edible Ink Markers and 22 white-iced sugar cookies.
For the Mom who loves to do crafty activities with the kids.
(15) These old-fashioned, bright floral Mother and Child Aprons ($34 child apron, $42 adult apron) are a fun way for Mom to spend time cooking with the kids creating delectable concoctions.
For the Mom who enjoys passing on her cooking skills to her little ones.
(16) Make gardening a treat with these clever Garden Bon Bon Gift Sets ($14.95). Simply plant these seed balls shaped to look like delicious truffles in spacious pots or a plot of earth to produce delightful bushels of edible herbs.
For the Mom who has a “budding” green thumb.
(17) I love these Glazed Stoneware Ice Cream Cups ($6 each)! The cute waffle-cone design is an adorable way to serve sundaes, parfaits, fresh fruit, or candy.
For the Mom who loves to entertain.
(18) Delicate mother of pearl tiles from India are hand applied to these solid sheesham wood boxes, adding subtle shimmer to bookshelves, dressers, and tabletops. These Mother of Pearl Boxes ($34-$49) are the perfect size for jewelry, cards, and other keepsakes.
For the Mom who likes to keep cherished items in a special place.
(19) This beautiful Kaross Suede Bag (
$170, on sale for $125) is sure to get a few “Oohs” and “Aahs”. This lovely purse is made with an ancient intricate Shangaan tribal embroidery technique created by the rural women in the Limpopo province of South Africa. The Kaross project enables these artisans to look after their families while creating these splendid tapestry-like bags.
For the Mom who appreciates a beautiful and unique purse.
(20) This classic Cinzia Fingerprint Watch (
$150, on sale for $130 each) is a fun accessory for any Mom. It has easy-to-read numbers with unexpected whimsical touches of a fingerprint background and a wide suede band.
For any Mom who would enjoy owning a special piece of functional jewelry.
For any Mom!