It is that time of the year. A time when many of us feel a strong urge to make this year better than the last, to make life easier, to declutter, and get organized!
A special friend of mine (Michelle Stimpson: life coach extraordinaire and all-around-cool chic) made a huge impression on me when she spoke about organizing “your personal eco-system”. She explained how when even the smallest things in life are organized- your daily tasks become easier and living becomes more enjoyable.
I am excited to launch this series of posts, all about organizing and simplifying your life. Today’s post features a collection of gear to help you organize your kitchen. Part 2 of this series features cool gadgets to help simplify your life in the kitchen.
Please note The Mindful Shopper does not directly sell the items featured on this blog. Click on the product link to buy, check availability, or learn more about an item of interest.
One of the essential steps in organizing the kitchen is clearing off those countertops. The classic knife storage blocks can take up space. These two knife storage solutions by Wusthof are great options to help fix the problem of the cluttered countertop.
(1) This swing-out Wusthof Under Cabinet Knife Block (
$76, on sale for $39.95) stores 8 knives without using up counter space. This knife block swivels and is magnetized to help secure your knifes.
(2) The Wusthof Gourmet 6-Piece Knife Set with Magnetic Knife Holder (
$283, on sale for $159.95) is made with the high quality that Wusthof is known for; triple-riveted for durability and ergonomic-contoured handles to provide a comfortable nonslip grip. The magnetic knife holder comes in chrome, wood, and black accent colors.
(3) This Pull-Out Appliance Caddy ($34.98) is another nice way to help preserve precious counter space. This bamboo caddy allows you to keep your food processor, mixer, toaster, or coffeemaker at the back of your counter so it is out of the way when not in use. When needed, this clever caddy slides out easily and has a patented locking system to keep it in place when extended.
(4) I store spices in two places in my kitchen; in a wooden spice rack that takes up counter space and in a cabinet that is very disorganized. I never find the spice I am looking for in a timely manner. Not to mention the time I waste when looking for a measuring spoon. So this unique spice container definitely caught my eye. This Space-Saver Spice Carousel ($29.99) dispenses premeasured amounts of spices. With each click of the carousel knob, 1/4 tsp of your desired spice is dispensed. There are 12 canisters on a rotating base which can be double stacked or mounted under a cabinet.
(5) The organized kitchen must have a place to display important notes, bills, memos, and recipes for the week. By using gravity and friction, the clever Dreamfarm Gripit ($19.99) eliminates the need for glue, pins, tape, clips, and magnets. Gripet’s quick grip and release system allows you to easily store up to 3-mm of notes without damaging them.