How To Simplify Your Life and Get Organized | The Kitchen: Part 1

Trading virtual hugs for shares!
Share on Facebook48Pin on Pinterest373Tweet about this on Twitter19Share on Google+2Share on StumbleUpon0

It is that time of the year. A time when many of us feel a strong urge to make this year better than the last, to make life easier, to declutter, and get organized!

Prev postpage 1 of 15Next

A special friend of mine (Michelle Stimpson: life coach extraordinaire and an all-around cool gal) made a huge impression on me when I heard her speak about organizing your personal eco-system. She explained how when even the smallest things in life are organized- your daily tasks become easier and living becomes more enjoyable.

I am excited to launch my series of posts, all about organizing and simplifying your life. Today’s post features a collection of gear to help you organize your kitchen. Part 2 of this series features cool gadgets to help simplify your life in the kitchen.

Add Kitchen Countertop Space:

Wusthof Under Cabinet Knife Block | The Mindful ShopperWusthof Gourmet 6-Piece Knife Set with Magnetic Holder | The Mindful Shopper

One of the essential steps in organizing the kitchen is clearing off those countertops. The classic knife storage blocks can take up space. These two knife storage solutions by Wusthof are great options to help fix the problem of the cluttered countertop.

(1) This swing-out Wusthof Under Cabinet Knife Block ($76, on sale for $39.95) stores 8 knives without using up counter space. This knife block swivels and is magnetized to help secure your knives.

(2) The Wusthof Gourmet 6-Piece Knife Set with Magnetic Knife Holder (sold out) is made with the high quality that Wusthof is known for; triple-riveted for durability and features ergonomic contoured handles to provide a comfortable, nonslip grip. This magnetic knife holder comes in chrome, wood, and black accent colors.

Prev postpage 1 of 15Next

How To Simplify Your Life and Get Organized | The Kitchen: Part 2
The VIP Sweepstakes

Comments

1. says

What a great post Amy. With a little bit of cash there’s so much that can make a kitchen look amazing and much more useful by being organized. The cookware organizer is a great idea and definitely the expandable drawer organizer. I love the fruit rack too.

• Amy Kathleen says

Hi Suzanne!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment! So very much appreciated!
      Best Wishes,
      -Amy Kathleen

2. Tasha says

OMG! I need those tips soo much! I think I am going to love the new series!
    I didn’t know some of the things in this post even exsisted:) Soo cool!

3. says

Beautiful ideas. I especially love the spice caddy. I got a scrapbooking organizer from Michael’s, turned it upside down, and it is my spice rack at the back of my counter. Thanks for the post.

• Amy Kathleen says

Hi Sheila!
      Thank you soooo very much for stopping by!
      Loved your comment!!!
      -Amy Kathleen

4. says

oh i’m in love!
    i adore that system for the pots and pans…..swoon:)
    and the jars and lables won my heart as well.
    all of it, wonderful!
    this is so yummy, Amy;
    I love that you’re doing this.
    thanks for all the wonderfulness you are
    and share,
    Jennifer

• Amy Kathleen says

Hi Jennifer!
      You always make my day!!!
      Thank you so much! So glad you liked the pots and pans organizer. That is one of my favs as well!
      Much Thanks,
      -Amy Kathleen

5. Anton says

Really great storage ideas for all types of products. You continue to amaze me with your talent in locating such cool items.

• Amy Kathleen says

Hi Anton!
      You are great! Thank you so much for being so supportive of The Mindful Shopper!
      -Amy Kathleen

6. Dad says

You really collected a great selection of items that will help any of us be more efficient- and make our kitchens more attractive.
    Your mother and I will definitely be checking these out. We might even get that kitchen junk drawer you mentioned cleaned up.

• Amy Kathleen says

Hello Kristine:
      You are so welcome! I absolutely love your website! Such fun stuff! You do a great job!
      Best Wishes,
      -Amy Kathleen

• says

Hi Carie:
      Thank you so much for stopping by! I love that you are interesting in getting organized. Stop by again soon, I will be launching a series of posts featuring fun gadgets and gear to help organize your life!
      – Amy Kathleen

7. says

Oh goodness, I need most of these! I love the under cabinet knife storage though I am scared I am too clumsy and would drop the knives trying to insert them horizontally at shoulder height. I REALLY need to get my kitchen reorganized, in fact, it’s one of my personal goals for April.

Thanks for sharing with #throwbackthursdaylinkup. Pinning!
    Tanya @ Mom’s Small Victories recently posted…April 2014 Personal Goals and March Achievements #2014GoalsMy Profile

8. says

That spice rack is super neat! I really would use that in my kitchen!
    Thank you for linking up to #throwbackthursdaylinkup

• says

Hi Angel:
      Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. I am so glad you like the spice rack. I was pretty darn excited when I found it! Would love to have you back again anytime!
      -Amy Kathleen