Simplify Your Life In The Kitchen
This post is all about making life easier. My last post in this series on “How To Simplify Your Life and Get Organized” featured a collection of Gear To Help You Organize Your Kitchen. Today’s post is all about Gadgets to Simplify Your Life In The Kitchen.
Please note The Mindful Shopper does not directly sell the items featured on this blog. Click on the product link to buy, check availability, or learn more about an item of interest.
MINIMIZE THE MESS
(1) Eliminate the need for a spoon rest with these colorful Elevated Kitchen Utensils (sold out) from Uncommon Goods. These innovative utensils feature weighted, soft-grip handles that keep the head of the utensil from touching the counter. This means no mess to clean up and no germs getting into your food.
(2) Open and lock these Click and Lock Sit-Up Tongs ($25) with one hand thanks to the clever click-lock button mechanism, which makes them incredibly easy to use. Best of all, when you’re not using them you can put them down anywhere without the tips touching the counter.
(3) This helpful Boil Over Protector ($29.98) captures excess water, foam, and liquid before it boils over, burns, or stains your stove.
(4) All the drips go back into your pot when you use this inventive Kitchen Critter Clip (sold out) to hold your spoon or spatula. This whimsical critter is made of heat-resistant silicone and firmly grips the pan edge without leaving scratches.
(5) This Chef’s Center Cookbook Holder (sold out) features a spring-loaded splash guard screen to keep your pages clean and flat, a fully rotatable base with 4 sure footed pads for stability, and a pull out drawer with a weights & measurements chart inside.
(6) Keep your favorite spreads where they belong with this all-in-one Peanut Butter and Jelly Spreader (sold out). This double-ended spatula makes sandwich making easy and mess-free. The long handle and oval tips help to get pesky peanut butter out of the bottom of the jar. (Can also be used for butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard.)
(7) This industrial-grade stainless steel Spongester ($28) has a slot for your “good sponge” (used for counter top and dishes) and “evil sponge” (sink and drain) which helps you keep track of your scrubbers without sacrificing space or style. Its smart shape prevents cross-contamination with bendable, semi-perforated shelves that encourage drainage and inhibit bacterial growth.
(8) Strain pan drippings into this heat-resistant glass, laboratory-quality Fat Separator and Strainer ($24-95-$29.95, updated from original picture). Fat rises to the top and the low spout pours off the flavorful juices. This clever product is dishwasher-, microwave-, and oven-safe.
(9) Protect hands from kitchen accidents with this Cut Resistant Glove ($19.95). This machine washable glove uses advanced, high-performance fibers reinforced with stainless-steel to create a strong shield that resist cuts, yet is light and comfortable.
(10) This dishwasher-safe Prepara Tabletop Oil Mister ($22.22) made of BPA-free glass is a healthy way to add more flavor with less fat. Simply pump a few times to enjoy continuous, chemical-free spraying.