Simplify Your Life In The Kitchen
This post is all about making life easier. My last post in this series on “How To Simplify Your Life and Get Organized” featured a collection of Gear To Help You Organize Your Kitchen. Today’s post is all about Gadgets to Simplify Your Life In The Kitchen.
MINIMIZE THE MESS
(1) Eliminate the need for a spoon rest with these colorful Elevated Kitchen Utensils ($40). These innovative utensils feature weighted, soft-grip handles that keep the head of the utensil from touching the counter. This means no mess to clean up and no germs getting into your food.
(2) Open and lock these Click and Lock Sit-Up Tongs ($19.99) with one hand thanks to the clever click-lock button mechanism, which makes them incredibly easy to use. Best of all, when you’re not using them you can put them down anywhere without the tips touching the counter.
(3) This helpful Boil Over Protector ($29.98) captures excess water, foam, and liquid before it boils over, burns, or stains your stove.
(4) All the drips go back into your pot when you use this inventive Kitchen Critter Clip ($4) to hold your spoon or spatula. This whimsical critter is made of heat-resistant silicone and firmly grips the pan edge without leaving scratches.
(5) This Chef’s Center Cookbook Holder ($22.99) features a spring-loaded splash guard screen to keep your pages clean and flat, a fully rotatable base with 4 sure footed pads for stability, and a pull out drawer with a weights & measurements chart inside.
(6) Keep your favorite spreads where they belong with this all-in-one Peanut Butter and Jelly Spreader ($9, on sale for $4.99). This double-ended spatula makes sandwich making easy and mess-free. The long handle and oval tips help to get pesky peanut butter out of the bottom of the jar. (Can also be used for butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard.)
(7) This industrial-grade stainless steel Spongester ($28) has a slot for your “good sponge” (used for counter top and dishes) and “evil sponge” (sink and drain) which helps you keep track of your scrubbers without sacrificing space or style. Its smart shape prevents cross-contamination with bendable, semi-perforated shelves that encourage drainage and inhibit bacterial growth.
(8) Strain pan drippings into this heat-resistant glass, laboratory-quality Fat Separator and Strainer ($24-95-$29.95). Fat rises to the top and the low spout pours off the flavorful juices. This clever product is dishwasher-, microwave-, and oven-safe.
(9) Protect hands from kitchen accidents with this Cut Resistant Glove ($19.95). This machine washable glove uses advanced, high-performance fibers reinforced with stainless-steel to create a strong shield that resist cuts, yet is light and comfortable.
(10) This dishwasher-safe Prepara Tabletop Oil Mister ($22.22) made of BPA-free glass is a healthy way to add more flavor with less fat. Simply pump a few times to enjoy continuous, chemical-free spraying.
(11) I love this clever Digital Measuring Cup and Scale (
$34.99, on sale for $21.65). This smart scale weighs dry ingredients as well as liquid ingredients and is pre-programmed to convert weight to volume for water, milk, oil, sugar, and flour. It runs on one long-life Lithium battery (included) and has an easy-to-read LCD readout on the molded handle.
(12) Drinks are easier to make with the 10 mixologist must-haves on the Bar10der (
$49.99, on sale for $19.99). This compact and easy to use tool includes 1 oz. and ½ oz. jiggers, reamer, muddler, stirrer, strainer, knives, openers, and zester.
(13) This compact 3-in-1 Peeler ($12 each) has three different stainless-steel blades for three different tasks. The standard blade is perfect for potatoes and carrots; the soft-skin blade can be used on tomatoes and kiwi; and the julienne blade can be used on just about any fruit or vegetable to make thin matchstick strips. The blades can be changed with a simple twist of the dial. Dishwasher-safe.
(14) This Recipe Rock ($12.98) is the perfect size to hold a single recipe card, a clipped recipe from a magazine, or a printed recipe from your computer. This fun gadget uses a magnet to secure your recipe and is small enough to be stored in a drawer.
(15) Silicone handles provide a secure grip for removing this fun Oven-to-Table Baking Dish ($44.98) from the oven or microwave. This dish is stylish enough to be featured on your table during any special event. After dinner, use it to store leftovers. Dishwasher-safe.
(16) The Herb Kitchen Scissors ($16) is a tool for snipping fresh herbs into favorite dishes. Five parallel blades cut herbs quickly and evenly, without crushing tender leaves. Dishwasher-safe.
(17) The Microplane Herb Mill ($19.95) quickly minces herbs quickly and smoothly, without tearing, bruising, or blemishing delicate leaves. Dishwasher-safe.
(18) The ergonomic BeaterBlade ZestN’est ($14.95) safeguards fingers while providing a firm hand grip. Shave hard cheese onto salads, casseroles, Italian entrees, or soup. Zest fresh ginger for sauce, marinade, or stir fry. Easily grate fresh chocolate for cake, torte, ice cream sundaes, or hot chocolate. Dishwasher-safe.
(19) Make dozens of homemade ravioli squares in minutes with this innovative Ravioli Rolling Pin ($24.95)! This specially-designed hardwood rolling pin crimps to 1″ Sq. finished size.
(20) This Avocado Slicer and Pitter (
$14.95, on sale for $12.99) has a nylon loop end to easily remove pits and sleek wire end to slice and scoop without damaging the fruit.
(21) This Avocado Saver and Holder ($4.75) will store an avocado half and keep it fresh for twice as long. No more half used avocados turning brown and going to waste.
(22) Preserve bulk cereal, pasta, rice, flour, or sugar with the Buddeez Flour and Sugar Storage Container ($9.95). The airtight snap-on lid keeps in freshness. This dishwasher-safe dispenser preserves staples in bulk quantities and features dual pour spouts to dispense large or small amounts.
(23) Turn tap water into sparkling water with this fun Soda Stream (starting at $79.95). Enjoy the freshness and convenience of homemade soda while saving money and protecting the environment at the same time. Simple to clean and reuse.
(24) This handy Bag Re-Sealer ($29.40, set of 2) allows you to reseal any open plastic bag airtight in just seconds. It helps to keep your food fresh longer than just rolling the bag or using a chip clip. Its compact size makes it portable for any occasion such as camping, BBQs, parties, and picnics. Take it to travel with you, to seal up foods and cosmetic packages. It is easy to find with its bright color and magnetic base.
(25) This innovative Nest™ 9 Piece Set ($50.00) is a compact, space-saving food preparation set. This fun set includes nine essential culinary tools – five cup sizes (1/6, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1), a non-skid mixing bowl, sieve, colander, and over-sized mixing bowl – engineered to neatly stack inside of one another, and snap in place like puzzle pieces to prevent movement, loss, or damage. Dishwasher-safe.
(26) This ingenious Fold Flat Grater ($20) not only looks great but folds completely flat for easy storage when not in use. When needed, simply unclip the locking catch to create a traditional-style box grater. The side grip handle makes grating over food easy. Available in green, white, black and red.
(27) This smart space-saving Green Folding Colander (
$24.95, on sale for $14.90) folds completely flat for easy kitchen storage. It is made from dishwasher-safe polypropylene and in the lock position ensures food is safely contained.
(28) Stir, whip, and mix ingredients easily with this clever Twist Folding Whisk ($10). With a flick of your wrist, you can turn this ingenious tool from a slim, flat whisk into a robust, round whisk. Round whisks are designed to emulsify liquids or whip-up egg whites so that they attain the perfect peak. Flat whisks are made for mixing ingredients that require a smooth, dense finish, such as sauces and gravies.
(29) This innovative Adjustable Rolling Pin ($19.95, may be out of stock temporarily) is made with removable adjustable discs that allow you to perfectly roll dough from 2mm to 10mm thick. This cool gadget features an integrated pastry-width measuring guide. Hand wash.
(30) Save space and relationships with this ingenious Split Decision Pie Pan ($20). This clever pan includes two inserts for creating either a traditional full size pie, or two halves- so everyone is happy! It also has a “Lift & Serve” feature which enables easy removal of the finished pies without wrecking the crusts.
(31) This nonstick steel Lasagna Trio Pan (
$30, on sale for $24.95) allows you to cook three separate nonstick sections so you can make any combination of dishes, including traditional meat lasagna, chicken lasagna, and vegetarian lasagna all from one pan. The width and length of each section is exactly the same size as standard lasagna noodles. The custom-designed nonstick spatula with long metal handle fits inside the sections.
(32) This stainless steel Triple Dipper Crock Pot with Portable Lid ($69.95) is perfect for entertaining or for on-the-go. The three 1-quart crocks with individual temperature controls are perfect for appetizers, dips, desserts, and more. The removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware and glass lids keep party clean up to a minimum.
What is your favorite kitchen gadget?
Thank you so much for stopping by The Mindful Shopper! I hope you enjoyed Part 2 of my series of posts on “Simplifying Your Life and Getting Organized”!
Never miss a Mindful Shopper Blog Post:
Sign-up for the Mindful Shopper Newsflash Update!