Welcome! We are launching a new post today on The Mindful Shopper called “5 Favorites” featuring lists of favorite items. We are opening this feature to guest-posters who have fun and interesting “favorites” they want to share with our readers. This could include products, recipes, DIY projects, photos, and anything else that fits the mission of The Mindful Shopper. If you are interested in having your “5 Favorites” featured on The Mindful Shopper; contact Amy Kathleen Kelsch.
Today’s “5 Favorites” are my favorite gluten-free and dairy-free foods. I have had a lifetime to search for these items after being diagnosed with wheat and dairy allergies in grade school. Back then, my only two options for gluten-free snacks were plain rice cakes and a very dry spongy bread substitute. Not at all exciting, right? These days, there are so many great options. I am delighted to share my favorites with you today!
My Favorite Gluten & Dairy Free Snacks
[Many of these products also qualify as Paleo Diet appropriate.]
(1) These delicious Lemon Pie Coco-Roons are sweetened with organic maple syrup. Coco-Roons are gluten-free, diary-free, and are considered to be low glycemic (4 grams of sugar).
(2) These amazing Almond Butter Cacao Truffles from “Two Moms In The Raw” are my go-to for a “chocolate fix”- just one of these satisfies me. These truffles are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, 100% organic, and are considered to be low glycemic (7 grams of sugar).
(3) This organic Vanilla Island Coconut Bliss Frozen Dessert is very good. This great ice-cream substitute is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, and is considered to be low glycemic (12 grams of sugar).
(4) Sunbutter is a long-time favorite of mine. The unsweetened version is peanut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and is considered to be low glycemic (1 gram of sugar).
(5) This Classic Fudge Dark Chocolate Sauce is scrumptious! This fantastic dark chocolate sauce is gluten-free, dairy-free, and is considered to be low glycemic (9 grams of sugar).